Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Presence of the Sun


What is my health teaching me about myself today?


Some of us have great health and some of us have health issues and some of us have poor health.


For about 5 years I've had troublesome symptoms that I didn't understand. Now they've become so prominent that doctors are able to identify the symptoms and "name" the problem. As with many things in nature, the remedy to my health issues will make the symptoms worse before they get better.


So today I didn't feel good until I hid under the covers of my bed. I slept for a while and just laid there for a while. I was thinking about how my body is not "Me" but that "I" am in the Awareness of the experience of this body and its poor health.


It's a really cloudy and overcast day today. And when I was laying there in bed, when I stopped fighting the physical need to rest and came to accept it, I had thoughts of how the sun shines behind the overcast clouds. In my heart I am still shining even though my body is ill. And just as the clouds pass and the season changes so will this season of weakness change.


I know I'm not the only mom out there that is dealing with health issues. Being Present and Aware and Accepting helped me release the anger and frustration about my condition and helped me find a place of Peace today. I trust you will too.

No comments: