Friday, December 19, 2008

It was dark and cold but refreshing.


Last night, when my "second-wind" kicked in and I got a burst of energy at 8:00pm, I bundled my little angel up in layers and layers and off we went to the Niagara Blvd.


It was dark and it was cold but it was refreshing. I pulled her on a sled for about 1/2 hour and for the first time all day, she was quiet! Whew.


Walking down by the water is truly one of my favourite things to do. It brings me:


Peace of Mind: The muffled sound of my steps on the snow has such a soothing effect on my soul.


Hope: Walking in the cold and the dark reminds me that there is a season for everything. It is cold and dark now but soon the sun will return, soon the spring will arrive. Soon my health will return as well.


Strength: Walking in the cold, feeling the wind on my cheeks, and not stopping even though a part of me wanted to reminded me that I have the inner strength, just as I have outer strength and this perseverance has brought me to a state of Awareness. There is Peace in the Awareness of the Moment and in that Peace is Strength.


Peace of Mind, Hope, and Strength...without it we would not have gotten to where we are today.

No comments: